To get a POS Machine from Zenith Bank, you need to have a relationship officer and meet some other requirements which I will enlist to you.
You will agree with me that Zenith Bank is one of the major banks in Nigeria with millions of customers. So, most businesses are looking to get a POS Machine from Zenith Bank. In this post, I will show you just how to do that.
The introduction of the POS Machine by the Central Bank of Nigeria has brought a great sense of relief and ease to carry out transactions for many businesses and it has also been a source of income for many hustlers.
What is a POS Machine? A POS (Point Of Sale) Machine is a portable electronic device that allows businesses to accept bank card payments for transactions.
A lot of small business owners find the use of POS terminals as a payment option preferable to cash. This option eliminates the problem of not having the exact change for customers during transactions, and it also minimises employee and bandit theft.
Initially, this payment solution was introduced to the Nigerian business space by the Central Bank as a way of reducing the volume of cash transactions, as well as managing the risks associated with handling cash. In addition, it also encouraged the spread of electronic payment systems across the board.
The POS Machine has become very common that it is being used even in the smallest supermarkets.
Benefits of a Zenith Bank POS Machine for Your Business
- Zenith Bank POS Machine supports all major payment cards in Nigeria.
- Balancing reports at end of day and customized reporting ensure there are no loose ends in your accounting.
- Each transaction takes between 8 and 15 seconds on an internet connection.
- Your business will have the benefit of the latest hardware as well as up to date software designed to help reduce fraud and enhance data security.
- Our terminals’ compatibility with the new Chip-and-PIN standard helps you prevent fraud.
- Take advantage of the latest industry-standard for point-of-sale data security. You will receive the most current security for your terminals including card masking capability.
- Conveniently view realtime data, search transactions, customize reports and analyze trends with the available Transaction Viewer Portal with which you can view your transactions as they occur, or the Settlement Viewer Portal which breaks down your lump-sum settlement into the individual transactions.
- Transactions processed on the terminals are settled one day after the transactions occurred. This is expressed as T+1 where T is the date of the transaction and 1 refers to the next working day. So transactions performed on a Friday will be settled on Monday
POS Machines are issued by Banks. Here is a list of banks and companies that issue POS Machines for businesses
How to get Pos Machine from Zenith Bank
To get a POS Machine from Zenith Bank, you must do the following:
- At Zenith bank, you will need to have held your current account for at least 6 months prior to your application.
- The application form requests the full business name, the business owner account number, the business email address, phone numbers and other minor details, and processing takes 72 hours. You could email the form to [email protected] and also copy [email protected]. [email protected] is also the contact e-mail address to note if you have any problems.
- The business owner will then be required to sign a POS agreement document with the bank. Upon approval, the POS terminal is delivered in less than two weeks to the business address indicated on the form.
List of Other Banks and Companies that Offer POS Business in Nigeria
2. Access Bank or Diamond Bank
4. Zenith Bank
6. Fidelity Bank.
7. Polaris Bank
10. Mtn MoMo
12. Kudi e.t.c.
How to Keep your POS Machine working Perfectly Well
To keep your Pos Machine in perfect condition, there are a few little but important things you must do regularly. These are
- Back it up: Even though you’d like like to think that your servers are immune to the catastrophes others have experienced, you absolutely must back up your data regularly. Create a regular system for backing up your data, and make sure you have an employee who is accountable for ensuring that the process is completed each day
- Keep your hardware clean: Don’t underestimate the damage that can be caused by mistreating POS hardware. The hardware gets heavy use and is dropped and spilt on with some regularity. By taking the time to clean and maintain the equipment, you can avoid service interruptions.
- Purge old data: Just like your personal computer, your POS system can get bogged down when its full of old, useless information. Help it perform its best by regularly purging the data that’s no longer needed. This could include customer information, reports, items, receivables, or products.